QuickBooks is renowned software that usually worked by lots of small-scale businessmen and large-scale businessmen. It mainly happens whenever the user tries to open the file or restoring any backup. It usually happens while using mode “Multi-User” to access the file of the company. The message and window that appeared respectively are:
Potential Reasons for occurring of QuickBooks Error 6123
- Whenever the firewall blocks any port or network.
- Because of the damaged or corrupted database of the software.
- Because of the old or outdated version of the QB.
- Windows installed in the system is not working effectively.
- Because of damaged McAfee.
- If the service of the QB database is not running properly on the workstation.
Major Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6123
- The error window and message are reflected on the screen.
- The file of the company is not accessible by the user.
- The software QB is not established.
- The OS is corrupted or damaged.
- The system hangs up or responds slowly.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 6123?
This error came into view when you want to open the file of a respected company. It can be eliminated by using lots of methods and some are:
Method 1 to fix QuickBooks Error 6123:- Change the name of files like “.ND” and “.TLG”
- Open that folder where the files of the software QB or company are stored.
- Find the “.ND”.
- “Right” clicks on that file and goes for the change name of that file.
- Change name to “.ND old”.
- Similarly, go for the file “.TLG”.
- Access the QB.
Method 2 to fix QuickBooks Error 6123:- Move a file of the company to a different location or path
If you face this error then change the location of the file that you want to open. Somehow this solution can terminate this problem effectively. Note: – If you want to opt for this method then it is always recommended to take a backup of the file.
Method 3 to fix QuickBooks Error 6123:- Use the function “Auto Data Recovery”
Whenever this error arises one can use this function, this function can cure the error effectively. This can be caused due to corrupted “.ADR” file of the QB. Check it effectively and resolve it.
Method 4 to fix QuickBooks Error 6123:- Switch off Security Software
If the security software blocks the working of the QB or any process then turn off your software that is installed earlier. It may quarantine the seminal file of the company or QB. So switch off all the working of the antivirus software or Firewall.
Solution 5 to fix QuickBooks Error 6123:- Install the QB again
To install QB again, follow the steps:
- Access the “Control Panel”.
- Locate the QuickBooks.
- Tap on its icon.
- Select “Remove” or “Uninstall”.
- Download the software again by visiting the official website of the QB.
- Install it properly. (While installing it add the product no. and License).
- Open the software whenever the installation process completes.
Method 6 to fix QuickBooks Error 6123:- Create a new “Windows User”
Whenever this error persists, one can resolve it by creating a new user. To do so steps are:
- Access the “Control Panel”.
- Click on the icon “User”.
- Choose the option “Create New User Choice”.
- User Type should be “Administrator”.
- Now log out from the previous user.
- Restart the workstation.
- “Login” again using the newly created folder.
- Place the file of the company on the desktop.
- Start QB again.
Method 7 to fix QuickBooks Error 6123:- Remove or Delete Characters
The user can feel QuickBooks Error 6123 occur when there are irrelevant characters in the name of the file of the company. Also, ensure that there are no special characters or space in the name. If you are having different characters then resolve it.
Method 8 to fix QuickBooks Error 6123:- Give proper permissions to the folder
One should provide or assign all the necessary information to the folder on which the file of the company is located. Click on that folder and choose the option Properties and then go for Permissions.